Wednesday, November 16, 2011

X factor 11.16.11

Last week was movie week. Tonight is Rock Week and first up is Leroy. LA reid says he is boring. Hey LA are you feeling threatened? heheheheh

Leroy sang a soft rock song, and really delivered. LA, of course, dogged him. So did Simon, but Simon did it in a critique way LA was just mean.

Rachael is doing one of the Rolling Stones hits, "Can't get No Satisfaction" She was on top of her game. A little toss of her head, a wink of her eye and she drew the audience to her. Yeah Rachael.

Chris Rene is doing a Bob Marley song this week. I think I remember the song, Bob Marley was not one of my favs. Simon looked pained I think will wait to see what he says. I have mixed feelings about the performance. It felt all over the board. I still like Chris' though. Simon did not like the song choice for the week. He said it was reggae. LA said it was rock. I Googled it, it is reggae. Those two guys are always pushing each others buttons., but Simon was right. So far I have found him more fair and right on than I thought he would be based on all I have heard.

Stacy Francis is singing a song by Meatloaf. (meatloaf????) She always looks so sad or angry. Life must be really hard for her. If for no other reason I would not buy her records because she makes me feel depressed looking at her.  I did not like the song she sang. It just did not sound right. The dress was not a good choice either and what is with the glove? A reversal of Michael Jacksons white glove. She was wearing one black glove.

A mid note, this is rock week right?? So far only Rachael has done a real rock song.

Melanie is singing a rock song by REM. Simon has his girls doing rock songs : ) BUT it is another slow soft song. What are the judges going to say to this one. We will see. It was a great performance but nothing over the top. LA just said "so not rock". Nicole did not like it. Paula said it was good but she wants to see her let go. Simon said call REM and ask them if they are a rock band or not.

The judges are brutal tonight, so said the mc, so say I. It is like watching a little cat fight to see who is going to dig their claws in the deepest. Do they do this to garner votes or are they really this mean to each other?

Josh is up next with another slow one. Don't recognize it. Oops! not slow! This is a REAL ROCK song.... finally. Thank you Josh. Good job. Even LA said so. :) He signed again. So fast I can't translate it. Tried though got vote then a scoopy sign and what looked like a sideways e then e - h. So vote _ _  eh. Hmm when I was googling to see if anyone had tried to translate it I came across a TMZ article about Josh's smoking and drinking. Seems the Dr. says quit the vices or quit singing. (explains his yellow teeth)
footnote: i would hate to be in the spotlight and have all my negatives laid out for all to see. I would not fair well.

Astro is next. Will LA actually have him sing a rock song ???? We will see. LA says a love song, ahh another slow one. AHHHHHHHHHH he is taking one of my favorite songs "Every Breath I Take" and crucifying it. A slow rap song. THROW UP ---- BARF This was by far THE WORSE performance I have seen since I started watching the show. Well, I guess I am outnumbered every one else likes it, the judges, the audience, are they grooming him to make money off him or am I just way off? Even if I am way off I still did not like it.
He is really cute though and I think it is neat he gets along with his "step pops" and that he thought of his sister before he left the stage.

Lakoda Rayne, a great group will be singing a Fleetwood Mac song. They surprised me. I think they did a good job on the rock song (yes they really did sing a rock song with a beat) After last week singing a country song and looking so comfortable with that I was pleasantly surprised. LA dogged it. Paula, I think felt they held back. Simon called it a mess. LA, who was dogging them is now defending them from Simon. Another moment where I think the dogging might be staged. Get America on the underdogs side.

Drew sings a U2 song, With or without you. I think LA has already made up his mind. He basically said so before the set. I was hoping to hear a little more rock beat, but it was a GREAT performance. Nicole was waiting for the beat to pick up to. Whoa I had to replay that. She actually cut off Simon BEFORE he finished his critique!

Marcus WOW! rock it baby! Each week he has done well, but not one of my favourites. This week he took on rock and did a Janis Joplin song and rocked with it!! I was impressed, thank you Marcus. Simon was not impressed the other 3 liked it.

Summary: Rachael gave the best rock performance of the evening. Josh was second.
I think Chris and Astro were the least rock in their performances.

My money is on Rachael Crow at this point, but the order of my preference for talent is; Drew, Rachael. Josh, Melanie, Chris, Leroy, Lakoda Rayne, Marcus, Astro, Stacey.

In the order of who I like; Drew, Rachael, Chris, Leroy, Josh, Melanie, Lakoda Rayne, Marcus, Stacey, Astro.

These are my viewpoints. I am painfully aware that it does not reflect the majority.

Well, we shall see what America thinks tomorrow.