Friday, February 3, 2012

Archiving and Fav Icons

I spent a majority of the day finishing up on archiving my blogs in Word. Last night I came across an article about someone whose blog got shut down for what he says is no reason. I read the thread where he tried to resolve it with blogspot to no avail. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about, had quite a following and had been blogging for some time. I went to the blogspot address he had and the blog is still inactive.

It gave me a little scare as I have so much info that good never be retrieved; journeys, school lessons, events etc. So I started copying every entry from each blog into a word doc. I have also resolved to create every new entry in a word doc and then copy and paste it into my blog. Then I will save the doc on my hard drive.

What I did not get done last night I finished this AM and then began searching for the information I needed to learn how to create a feed for my blog. Not sure why it seems so hard. Others have it up and running on their blogs.

I finally found some info and have inserted the HTML code into the design of each blog. Hmmm we shall see.

Also changed the fav icon, this too we shall see as it does not show up immediately.

All of this is a step by stumble process for me.